Join the team!
We believe shared cars are a better way to move around, offering improved flexibility and greater convenience. There is no point in churning out more vehicles that will simply end up taking up more city space, wasting valuable resources and increasing traffic density.
With more than 2 million users, Drivy is already the number one car-sharing marketplace in Europe. We believe the adoption will be 100 times greater within just a few years. We’re working on many exciting projects to take us there: opening cars with smartphones, preventing fraud, optimising the search & booking experience, integrating fleets of hundreds of cars, crunching large amounts of data…
We believe it is important that developers are involved in the decisions related to building a product. This is why we organise ourselves in small, autonomous teams, heavily inspired by Spotify’s squads. These teams are composed of developers (web & mobile), product managers, designers as well as data analysts. They are given autonomy over their roadmap and daily organisation. This way they can really work with agility and have an impact on the product.
Aside from this, you will work in the best possible conditions, with:
- a great engineering team with experience! A lot of us have been working with Rails since v1, some organize meetups, some teach and some even contributed;
- recent and powerful hardware;
- the peace of mind of a large test suite and pull requests to stay sane and ship continuously;
- an international team of great and passionate people;
- a remote-friendly culture and great headquarters in the heart of Paris.
We think you’ll also appreciate this:
- getting to learn from your peers and to share your knowledge on the blog and in our internal presentations every two weeks;
- a ticket to a technical conference of your choice each year;
- open-source projects that are being extracted from the codebase when appropriate;
- free non-fiction books and access to our growing library;
- offices in Berlin, London and Barcelona and the ability to work remotely from there;
- regular meetups are organized in our office;
- Tickets Restaurants (French meal vouchers), and a good mutuelle (French health insurance policy)
- “Hack days” a couple of times a year to experiment with new technologies and ideas;
- A front-row seat to witness the disruption of car ownership.
Learn More About Us
If you’d like to know more about what we are doing, don’t hesitate to browse through our blog. We recommend you take a look at:
- Usage of Sidekiq middleware
- Pro tips for productivity
- Sending an e-mail to millions of users
- Setting up Vim for React development
- Code simplicity - Reading levels
- Best Practices for Large Features
- Story of a junior developer at Drivy
- Multi-currency support in Java
We have a lot of different positions that are all detailed on our website, but here is a quick summary of who we are looking for.
Build new features, improve existing ones and help us transition to Kotlin!
Work on complex parts of the application, create new APIs, solidify the codebase and make everything scale.
Build our design system and add mobile friendly components for all parts of the web app.
Take on user facing features from start to finish, writing both frontend and backend code. Juniors accepted for this position.
Opening cars with smartphones takes work. Join to build new features and improve existing ones in our app!
Lead a team of a few talented engineers, build the roadmap with them, write some code and generally help your team grow.
To apply, click on a specific job offer or go directly to our website. Our process has been detailed on the blog. Some details might vary today, but it will still give you valuable insight into the way we will handle your application.